Fly fishing is a type of fishing that uses artificial bait (fly), which is made by wrapping bird feathers around fish hooks.
Fly fishing is elegant and exciting, where you can freely manipulate the line and the fish will jump on the hook you throw in.
It is especially deep in fishing.
Originally from England, fly fishing began in Japan in 1902 (Meiji 35) when British merchant Thomas Glover released brook trout into Yukawa and Lake Yunoko in Nikko City for fun. For this reason, Nikko is known as the sacred place for fly fishing in Japan.
We will prepare all the tools so that even first-timers can enjoy the fly fishing experience at the sacred place with peace of mind, and we will guide you to the best points with a polite lecture.
example of the schedule
When you meet up at the designated meeting place, we will accept you. We will also hand over the rental items. (Meeting time, etc. can be changed according to your request, such as the transportation you use.)
We will give a technical lecture on fly fishing and explain about manners in fishing.
After the lecture, let's finally go out to the field and start fishing.
One-on-one support such as fishing methods and points where fish are found. We will take a break on the way and guide you through a reasonable process.
Enjoy fishing in the beautiful nature of Nikko.
Actual fishing end/dissolution
Return to the meeting place and be dissolved.
We will also introduce hot springs and sightseeing spots according to your request, so please do not hesitate to contact us.
Take care on your way home and come visit Nikko again!
Fly fishing rules and manners
1. Never throw away garbage. Take home everything else you brought with you.
2. Fishing may pose dangers to the surroundings, such as swinging the rod or attaching a hook.
Make sure there are no people around you when fishing.
3. In Oku-Nikko, catch and release is the main rule except for some species and places.
Please give due consideration to the release so as not to damage the fish as much as possible.
4. In principle, the person who reaches the point first has priority.So that we can spend time together comfortably,
Keep your distance.
5. Let's use facilities such as toilets and benches cleanly.
6. Always be humble and grateful to nature.